LOOSEN UP, FEEL GOOD AND RELIVE WORLD CLASS UP BEAT REGGAE SONGS AND PARTY MUSIC, FROM THE MUST SEE ONE PLANET SHOWBAND. OUTSTANDING VOCALS AND HARMONY WITH LIVE PERCUSSIONS AND GUITAR.
ONE PLANET is a trio that has more than 22 years’ experience in the music industry. It features Ravie Varmaan on vocals/timbales, Matthew Peters on guitar/vocals and Pari “RASTA” Fari on djembe and congas/vocals.
The trio is a multi-cultural blend of Malaysia and Australia that has all the uniqueness that is the ONE PLANET signature. One Planet perform Upbeat/ High energy party and Reggae tunes that keep everyone on the dance floor. One Planet is able to involve the crowd and engage them throughout the performance either by joining the conga line or doing the limbo. They get crowd participation with the variety of percussions that they bring along to each performance, enticing both children and adult audiences to join in and have fun.
2016 started with big announcement where One Planet supported the UK Reggae star Maxi Priest in his 2016 Australian Tour.
2015 has seen ONE PLANET’s popularity increase since they released their debut album “Reggae for Friends”. The album features popular songs that the band has rearranged into a ‘Reggae Party’ genre. Songs rearranged include popular hits such as Purple Rain (by Prince) and What a Wonderful World (by Louis Armstrong). The album and featured songs have had air play on local radio and have sold very well to the trios established fan base.
2015’s Biggest highlight came when One Planet supported the 2010 Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and living reggae legend Jimmy Cliff in his Australian tour during April. Jimmy’s music includes ‘I can see clearly now’, ‘Wild World’, ‘Many rivers to cross’, ‘Reggae Night’ and so many more hits. He is the only living musician to hold an Order of Merit and One Planet were very humbled to play alongside their idol.
2006 to current – One Planet have been performing in Adelaide and now work actively at least 4 nights per week at various hotels and clubs. They are currently employed by the Hurley Group a chain of hotels that has them performing at the Tonsley Hotel, Marion Hotel and Arkaba Hotel. Other hotels they perform at include Golden Grove Tavern, Mick O Sheas Irish Pub, Exchange Hotel – Gawler, Para Hills Community Club, Stamford Grand Hotel – Glenelg, Kersbrook Tavern, Blacksmith’s Inn, Morphett Vale Function Centre, Fuze Food and Wine Bar and Port Dock Brewery.
One Planets Functions and Corporate Events
- 2015 – One Planet Performed at the ‘Tourrific Prospect Street Party’ which attracted over 20,000 people. The street party was in collaboration with the ‘Tour Down Under’ cycling race which sees riders participating from all over the world.
- 2014 – One Planet was invited to perform at Nelson Mandela Celebration Day in Adelaide.
- 2013 – Gorgeous Festival 2 days festival – performed at the Day After Party at Serafino Winery.
- 2013 – Zambian Independence Day Celebration.
- 2013 – Schutzenfest German Festival Adelaide – 3 days festival with attendance of 20,000. It involves German food, dances and music.
- 2013, 2014, 2015 and booked for 2016 – Adelaide Hill’s Crush Festival, performing for crowds at Mt Lofty Ranges Vineyards.
- 2013 – Cancer Foundation Bike Ride – Barossa Valley Jacobs Creek Winery.
- 2013 – SAPNA (South Australian Perioperative Nurse Association) Gala Dinner.
- 2013 – Port Adelaide Enfield Council Twilight Christmas Parade, One Planet performed for the ‘After Party’ and were described as an awesome family party band.
- 2013 – James Brown Memorial Trust, Staff corporate dinner, McLaren Vale.
- 2012 – Bank SA ‘Tasting Australia’ 8 days food festival – Performed at Elder Park on the bank of the Torrens River. The Festival attracts in excess of 50,000 visitors annually.
- 2011 – New Year Eve Celebration for South Australia Club India.
- 2011 – Supported 70s UK Glam Rock Band ‘The Sweet’ at the Arkaba Hotel.
- 2011 – Tunarama – 3 days family festival at Port Lincoln showcasing the best local seafood, wine, art and music, and including the famous tuna tossing championships.
One Planet also perform at numerous weddings, birthdays, corporate events, family days, gala dinners, festivals and hotel gigs.
One Planet History
After arriving in Australia in 2004, Ravie formed ONE PLANET.
2004 – One Planet was resident band at the Skycity Casino in Darwin performing 5 nights per week for a year contract. It also performed at other clubs around Darwin, such as The Hub at Palmerston, Duck Nuts, Beachfront Hotel at Nightcliff.
2005/2006 Darwin Cup – One Planet played to 20,000 racing fans at Fannie Bay Racecourse.